Honeydew is available year round. Its peak seasons are June through October. The different textures in this drink make it kid friendly. Add ice or give it some time to chill in the fridge before serving. This recipe can be found on eatfresh.org.
- 1/2 cup Tapioca
- 6 cups Water
- 2 Honeydew medium
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- Bring water to a boil, add tapioca.
- Cook tapioca for 5 minutes, turn off heat and let sit for 10 minutes or until the tapioca turns transparent and little to no white centers are visible.
- Remove from heat and run under cold water.
- Dice honeydew into cubes and add to blender. Add sugar; mix well. Leave out 1/2 cup diced honeydew for garnish. Once blended, refrigerate until cold.
- Pour into 6 cups and mix the remaining honeydew cubes and 3 generous spoonfuls of tapioca into each cup. Serve chilled.