We’ve compiled some delicious new recipes for the relaunch of eatfresh.org. This lentil and quinoa recipe is full of protein and fiber making this a hearty and filling taco filling. Serve with shredded cabbage, green onions, cilantro, avocado and cashew cream – yum! Recipe below serves 8. https://eatfresh.org/recipe/main-dish/lentil-and-quinoa-tacos-new
- 4 Mushrooms diced
- 2 cloves Garlic diced2 tablespoons Canola Oil or Grapeseed Oil or Safflower Oil
- 1 tablespoon Cumin2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 cups Lentils cooked
- 2 cups Quinoa cooked
- 16 Corn Tortillas 4-inch
- In a large skillet, sauté mushrooms and garlic in oil with a pinch of salt until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add cooked lentils and cooked quinoa to skillet.
- Combine spices together in a small bowl, then add spice mixture to skillet. Stir well to combine to coat mixture with spices.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until mixture is lightly browned.
- Serve 1/4 cup filling in each tortilla and top with your favorite taco fixings (shredded cabbage or lettuce, cilantro, green onions, avocado, lime, hot sauce).