Annalisa shows us how to make Salsa Fresca! Compared to what you would find in the store, this salsa has no preservatives, low sodium, and it’s fresh! This recipe is a great way to re-use old jars and reduce the waste from packaging. Check out this recipe at https://eatfresh.org/recipe/snacks/salsa-fresca.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 1 bunch Fresh Cilantro chopped, stems included
- 1 Red Onion small, chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper chopped
- Hot Sauce to taste, optional or 1 Hot Pepper to taste, optional
- 6 Plum Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil Salt to taste
- Roughly chop the cilantro. Cut the onion and peppers into large pieces. Process in a blender until coarsely chopped.
- Quarter the tomatoes. Add, along with remaining ingredients and pulse until the mixture is chopped into small pieces.
- Serve immediately, or cover and chill for up to three days.
Chef’s Tip: Prepare this without a blender by chopping everything finely with a knife and grating the tomatoes on the large holes of a grater (over a bowl so you catch the juices!).