Annalisa shows us how to make Tomato White Bean Soup! Unopened and undamaged canned foods are often safe to eat up to 3 years past their printed date. This recipe is very versatile and can be made in a microwave, on a stove, in a pressure cooker, or even a rice cooker. Check out this recipe at eatfresh.org https://eatfresh.org/recipe/main-dish-soups/tomato-white-bean-soup
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 cloves Garlic finely minced
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 15 ounces White Beans drained
- 24 ounces Vegetable Juice – two 11.5-oz. cans or 12-oz. bottles, low sodium such as V8
- 2 tablespoons Horseradish prepared, optional
- Black Pepper to taste, optional
Heat garlic in olive oil. Cook until soft and fragrant. (One minute in the microwave, two minutes on the stove or rice cooker, three minutes in the crockpot)
Blend beans and V8 juice until smooth. If you don’t have a blender, then mash beans before stirring into vegetable juice.
Heat well before adding horseradish and black pepper, with as much time as needed depending on your cooking method.