Nutrition Pantry Program for Implementers
Description: This unique training will bring a fresh perspective to your programs with the objective of increasing the health and resilience of the communities you serve. Participants will:
- Explore the relationship between positive and adverse experiences and nourishment
- Learn the basic process and principles of applying a trauma-informed approach to food security settings
- Learn to implement the Nutrition Pantry Program (NPP) with food distributions in your community.
- Gain a deep understanding of the NPP mission, process, resources, leading pantry practices, and COVID-19 considerations
Audience: SNAP-Ed implementers, food bank and pantry staff, University Extension professionals, and other individuals and organizations looking for an organized policy, systems and environment (PSE) intervention to adapt to their sites. [If an agency has multiple participants, each participant must register separately so their registration email address can then be added to our online training system.]
Training Delivery and Dates: This program includes self-paced content (videos, reflection activities, and readings) and live, instructor-led sessions. Registered participants will gain access to our online training system (TalentLMS) beginning late April, and will need to complete approximately 1.5 hours of self-paced work prior to the first live session on 5/11. Key dates are as follows:
- Registration Closes: 5/10
- Self-Paced Course Opens: Late-April
- Live Zoom Sessions: 5/11, 5/25, and 6/8; Times: 10am-12:00pm PST
Total Training Time: Approximately nine hours total (4.5 hours of live sessions and about 4.5 hours of self-paced work)
Next Steps: Upon completion of this course, participants are prepared to implement the Nutrition Pantry Program at their site(s) and will then receive access to additional resources, webinars, ongoing support, and our network of pantry partners.
NOTE: Registered CalFresh Healthy Living funded agencies should register for this training at cfhlstatewidetraining-leahspantry.talentlms.com